"There it is again!” whispered Abigail Ahsum as she signaled to her two comrades to duck down in the grass. The three friends slowly crept through the tall grass and towards the odd sound they were hearing. The other girl, Claire Mayniyac, reached into her dress’s pocket and pulled out a knife, “Do we even know what it is?” “Of course not, Claire, that’s why we were investigating it!” Abigail tugged on her dress trying not to trip over it as the three crawled toward the unknown noise. The last of the threesome, a young man named Rood Hyumon, sighed, “What sound are we trying to find again? There are so many.” As if on cue a dog barked in the distance while a blacksmith hit a piece of metal making a loud clanking noise. Far to the west they heard kids playing square-hop and a lamb bleating in the field. "Just come on, Rood." The grass abruptly came to an end, giving way to a small clearing. The three came out of the grass and slowly stood up, keeping their eyes on the s...
“Where are we going?” I asked the merchant next to me. He stoked the fire which Illuminated the small makeshift camp we had just set up for the night, “To Egypt,” he replied. I nodded and waited a few minutes before asking my next question, “What are you going to do there?” Epher sighed, “Eldaah and me are merchants, what do you think we’re going to do there?” I nodded again then looked up at all the stars. What I really wanted to know was what they were going to do with me . My own brothers had sold me to these random merchants, and we had been travelling for many days. I am calmer now, but I still don’t know what’s going to happen to me. My whole life has been turned upside down. Epher’s wife brought me a small chunk of bread. “Thank you, Keturah.” I said and slowly started eating it, making it last as long as I could. Eldaah, Epher’s brother, sat down on the other side of the fire and Keturah brought him and Epher their eveningfeast. I finished my bread then l...
You don't know? Well then.... Does that mean... you don't want to know? Or simply that you don't care enough to find out? Which is essentially the same thing. Just like how right now I don't know what I am talking about is that what you don't know?
*nods her head in agreement*
ReplyDelete